“I would highly appreciate very much if you would at least acknowledge any materials used or at least ask for a permission first. Unless specified, all other materials are from the private collection of the blog owner. Thank you very much!”

Saturday, November 10, 2007

PINOY SUPERHEROES OF THE 60s#1: THE FIRST CAPTAIN BARBELL

Mars Ravelo's Captain Barbell made his first appearance in Pinoy Komiks in May 23, 1963. Like Darna, another Ravelo creation, Captain Barbell also had an alter-ego named Tenteng, a thin, weakling and asthmatic person whose only dream was to become strong and muscular. Below is its first and maiden issue. Enjoy reading!!!













Did you know that it was FPJ who produced the first Captain Barbell movie in 1964 under D'Lanor Productions with Dolphy as Tenteng and Bob Soler playing the role of Captain Barbell.

Sequel to the first Captain Barbell: Captain Barbell Kontra Captain Bakal (1965), produced and released by Cirio H. Santiago. This time, Willie Sotelo in the title role of Captain Barbell.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! Where did you get these original Captain Barbell comics??? Please tell me! Is this from the National Library of the Philippines? Oh please do tell me! My name is Harley Cruz, please e-mail me if you don't mind! Thank you very much!

-Harley Cruz
mr2004007325@gmail.com
www.mr2004-007325.deviantart.com

Unknown said...

He is a legendary superhero introduced in 1963 by Mars Ravelo becomes a live action movies television comics/manga animated cartoons/anime action figures dolls and media coming to ABS-CBN network in 2014 next year soon.Thanks! From:Wayne

Unknown said...

It brings back joyful memories of my child hood when my mother comes home with Pinoy komiks and I just sat and read captain barbell Ang tengteng

Unknown said...

It brings back joyful memories of my child hood when my mother comes home with Pinoy komiks and I just sat and read captain barbell And tengteng

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin