“I would highly appreciate very much if you would at least acknowledge any materials used or at least ask for a permission first. Unless specified, all other materials are from the private collection of the blog owner. Thank you very much!”

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

THE 50s PINOY KOMIKS SERIALS MADE INTO MOVIES # 2



Roberta (1951)- Stars Tessie Agana, Van de Leon, Bella Flores, Rosa Mia, Jose de Villa, Boy Alano, Tony Cayado/ Directed by Olive La Torre/Serialized 1n Tagalog Klasiks by Mars Ravelo



Rebecca (1952)- Stars Tessie Agana, Tessie Martinez, Van de Leon, Rosa Mia, Gloria Romero, Bella Flores, Boy Alano, Etang Discher, Chichay & Tolindoy/ Directed by Olive La Torre/ Serialized in Tagalog Klasiks by Mars Ravelo




Basahang Ginto (1952)- Stars Pancho Magalona, Alicia Vergel, Myrna Delgado/ Directed by Mar S. Torres/ Serialized in Hiwaga Komiks by Mars Ravelo




Jack and Jill (1953)- Stars Rogelio de la Rosa, Lolita Rodriguez, Dolphy/Directed by Mar S. Torres/ Serialized in Tagalog Klasiks by Mars Ravelo




Bondying (1954)- Stars Fred Montilla, Lolita Rodriguez, Chichay & Tolindoy, Gregorio Ticman, Rebecca del Rio, Eddie Garcia, Jose de Villa/ Directed by Jose de Villa/ Serialized in Pilipino Komiks by Mars Ravelo



Hootsy-Kootsy (1955)- Stars Gloria Romero, Luis Gonzales, Dolphy, Zeny Zabala/ Directed by Mar S. Torres/ Serialized in Espesyal Komiks by Mars Ravelo




Torpe (1955)- Stars Carlos Padilla, Jr., (First Starring Role), Rosita Noble, Elvira Reyes, Corazon Noble, Tito Arevalo, Miguel Anzures/ Directed by Eddie Romero/ Serialized in Hiwaga Komiks (1954) by Mars Ravelo




Kontrabida (1955)- Stars Fred Montilla, Myrna Delgado, Lolita Rodriguez, Luis Gonzales, Eddie Garcia/ Directed by Olive La Torre/ Serialized in Pilipino Komiks by Francisco V. Coching





Guerrero (1955)- Stars Juan 'Johnny' Monteiro, Arsenia Francisco, Eduardo del Mar, Edna Luna/ Directed by Teodorico Santos/ Serialized in Hiwaga Komiks by Cirio Santiago



Tumbando Cana
(1956)- Stars Lolita Rodriguez, Luis Gonzales, Norma Vales, Rosa Mia/ Directed by Olive La Torre/ Serialized in Tagalog Klasiks by Mars Ravelo

See The 50s Pinoy Komiks Serial Made into Movies # 1
Many thanks to Unang Labas for the Komiks covers and inside pages.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

3 LAMANG SA MOVIE POSTER NA NAKALAGAY ANG NAKASURVIVE...


REBECCA,JACK AND JILL AT BONDYING

Rodolfo Samonte said...

Simon,
Ka-eskwela ko iyang si Boy Alano sa Moises Elem School sa Sampaloc.
Rod

Rodolfo Samonte said...

Simon,
There was another child star in those years, maybe a little after Tessie Agana - Precy Ortega. Kapitbahay ko naman siya sa Sampaloc. Do you have any pictures and movies of her?
Rod

Video 48 said...

Rod, How was Boy Alano during those elementary years? Do you have any inkling that he would become a terrific child star someday? I'll check on Precy Ortega.Thanks!

Rodolfo Samonte said...

Simon,
He was already a big star and already big headed. At that time in Elementary School, I think he was in Grade 5 while I was in 6, he was sporting long hair for his role in Kiko, where he played the title role of a child raised as a girl.
Precy was our neighbor across the street on Legarda in Sampaloc. Very pretty as a girl. I met her as a woman, a few years ago here in LA, in our High School reunion, didn't recognize her of course, she was married of all people to a classmate of mine in High School. Small world indeed.
Rod

Anonymous said...

Simon,

Ang gaganda pa rin ng original drawings sa Komiks ! hindi ko rin inabutan ang mga iyan. Kumpleto ka ba sa mga series na ito ?


Auggie

Rodolfo Samonte said...

Simon,
Nandoon pala si Precy Ortega sa sineng Kontrabida. Kumpleto ka ba sa lahat ng issue nito sa komiks? Koleksiyon ba ni erpat ito?
Rod

Video 48 said...

Auggie, Rod, karamihan ng koleksyon ng father ko ay mga No. 1 issues. Some of the komiks posted here are from my own collection and that of my brother, pero hindi complete. Rod, nagbida ba si Precy Ortega? I don't remember her doing lead roles.

Rodolfo Samonte said...

Simon,
She stayed a child star in cutesy, sidekick roles, didn't go as far as Tessie Agana or even Boy Alano. She must have played Nida as a girl in Kontrabida. And then she disappeared, I guess she grew up? But I could be wrong, hahaha, my memory's not that good anymore. In your search you might find otherwise, but she did a few movies. And she was pretty and cute, younger than Tessie Agana. That was 50 years ago. Then I met her as an old woman, I was shocked to be sure, she didn't look like she must have been a cute, little girl before. She and my classmate whom she married attended only once in our annual Mapa High School reunions, then never showed up again. I had a lot of questions for her sana. I'm sure they're still in LA though.
Any chance I can get the complete Unang Labas of Kontrabida? (joke lang, I don't want to impose on you). I was never able to find that first issue when I was collecting. So this is the first time I've seen that Unang Labas. I have issues to the ending, which I stupidly bookbound a long time ago, so I had to destroy the whole komiks just to get the Coching pages. Didn't really care for the others at that time. Imagine the Redondo's and others I threw away. But then, bookbinding it might also have been what saved my collection. It was easy to salvage it out of the damage the flood did to my collection of komiks. That was one I was able to save with slight damage to the edges, and also 3 or 4 other bookbound Cochings.
Rod

Video 48 said...

Rod, I'll be posting Kontrabida's Unang Labas in my succeeding posts. Watch for it.

Rodolfo Samonte said...

Simon,
Wow, great. Definitely watch for it. By the way, how come they look so good, you must do a lot of tweaking in Photoshop, right? Because my issues don't look so good, they're browned, you know because of the age of the paper, plus there were some edge damage too from that flood. My favorite Coching at that time was Condenado, are you going to feature this? It was made into a film too. I had the complete novel bookbound. That one was lost in the flood. Sayang talaga.
Rod
Rod

Video 48 said...

Right Rod! Extra work and a bit of restoration using Photohop, scanning the image, enhancing and saving it in grayscale mode. Same way with almost of the movie ads and materials I'm posting.

Anonymous said...

Simon,

Baka mi mga complete series ka diyan, i-Graphic Novel mo na, para maka avail naman kami. O kaya pwede bang mag pa xerox, in case maluwas ako ng Maynila ?


Auggie

Video 48 said...

Bungi-bungi rin ang mga issues na nasa akin, Auggie. Mahirap kumpletuhin, unless na bookbinded na galing at pagaari ng isang author.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin