“I would highly appreciate very much if you would at least acknowledge any materials used or at least ask for a permission first. Unless specified, all other materials are from the private collection of the blog owner. Thank you very much!”

Saturday, December 27, 2008

"VIDEO 48" FEATURED IN ANOTHER BLOG


Video 48 just featured in another blog. Thanks Howie!

Here's the post:

I may have collected a dozen of video rental membership cards over the years and until now I still have a few of them.

I remember to be a client of some popular shops like ACA and Video City from different locations though you’ll be ask of your address and billing records but if you know somebody who lived in that area, it’s easy to get one. And through time I think they lessen the requirements with the emergence of pirated copies.


Last Saturday, I brought my family to Video 48 to claim my FPJ shirt prize and bought another one and several FPJ movies. This shop has withstood the passing of time but still holds a pleasant environment for people who buy and rented movies with a cheerful staff and great customer service. I never got to meet the owner but just seeing his shop, you can instantly sense his personality, a true aficionado of the art of motion pictures.


Aside from tons of movie files, he also has a great toy collection in his shop most notably Star Wars and Lord of the Rings. I learn from his staff that he's collection is extended up to the third floor. I did not pay much attention on the rest of things there except for FPJ movies but I’ll be back for sure to check them out.


Thanks for the shirt, Mon! Congrats for the two-decade celebration of your shop and for the many years of movie hunting as well.


Howie Laguerta/ So Am I

December 22, 2008


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin